Wednesday 3 June 2009

Now the real tough work starts

I woke up in the middle of the night and felt like an ice cube, so strange as the temperatures during the day is in the mid 30s. I had to wear socks and jumper and it doesn´t really help when I caught a cold on the day we started our walk. Today we started at 6:30 am and the walk lasted about 8 hours but went through some fields with thousands of wild flowers nainly lavender and heather. The last 3-4 miles was all up hill and very tiring but I guess is all good preparation for tomorrow when we face our toughest task in walking up the highest mountain (about 5,000 feet) of our trip and then even worse, the next day we have to start the walk downhill which apparently isn´t very good for your legs. I have already taken some photos of the mountain from about 30 miles away and it clearly still has snow and of course all we have is summer clothes and a jumper so it better not be too cold. I´ll srart up a link of our photos ASAP My daughter Elena has made me aware that there are lots of spelling / grammatical erros in my posts but I guess this is what you get when you only have a few minutes to post these messages - apologies for that

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nikos

    Hope the cold isn't too bad - has Alexis got over his? Try and post a picture of Alexis in his Ark T-shirt soon so I can show everyone who comes to the Ark - they are all asking after him and wishing him luck.

    Good luck with the mountain!

    Andrea, The Ark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nikos & Alexis,
    Keep it up matey! Hope you have got over that chill...
    Hope there aren't too many blisters.
    BTW: On the Arsenal front - no signings but gossip pages report that Eboue may be on his way.
    Looking forward to seeing some piccies.
    Best wishes for the rest of the trek
    From HendonGooner

    ReplyDelete