Monday 1 June 2009

Greetings from a monastery and 1st day successfully completed

I thought this would be the last place I would find internet but actually it is as I can´t find it anywhere else and I am having problems with accessing it through my phone. Anyway, I have less than 25 minutes as there are people behind me in the queue If I say I am tired it would be an understament. We started our walk at 6:15 this morning and finished just before 2:00 pm. Completed just under 25 miles and although its the longest and hardest walk I have ever done I was a bit disappointed as I was hoping I would complete the 26 and therefore a marathone. Oh well, perhaps another day. I have been training for 3 months but this is completely different as the surface was very rocky and the temperature was over 30C. And just when I thought I have achieved something someone reminded me that I have to repeat it all tomorrow, and the day after and after that ...... Why have I done this? Just remembered, its for a fantastic cause and once again thank you to everyone that conntributed so far and hopefully many more will do soon. BTW, I have 2 enormous mountains coming up soon of which one is 5,000 feet and we have to walk right to the top and then down the other side and then another one not much smaller. If you hear of a death from too-high-mountain-walking exhaustion then you know who it is. I have taken a few nice photos but I have more chance of uploading them to the moon that here using this computer. BTW, apologies to those that I haven´t sent any personal emails but I am having problems with accessing by my email account Thank you all and hopefully I´ll get another chance to update you soon Cheers, Nikos

No comments:

Post a Comment